Believe it or not, small businesses and startups are tremendously important influencers for economic grown. Contrary to popular belief, and although big businesses seem important and dominate the stock market, it’s small businesses that keep our economy moving. Here are a few reasons why:
- Job Creators
In addition to being major employers, small businesses create more new jobs than larger firms. The Small Business Administration reports that from 2005 to 2008, small businesses were responsible for creating 81% of the net new jobs in the U.S.
- Local Hiring
Small businesses also operate locally, which gives them a strong preference for hiring local people. Big corporations often move into new territory with a team already in place, which can improve a city’s population, but nothing drives new job growth in a region like more powerful small businesses.
- Economic Growth
Small businesses contribute to local economies by bringing growth and innovation to the community in which the business is established. Also, many larger businesses depend on small businesses for the completion of various business functions through outsourcing.
As a small business ourselves, we understand the importance of our roll in our community and we like to support and team up with fellow small businesses. Here are some of our favorites:
- Give Wink @givewink – A kids and baby boutique founded by the mom of four Francine Delarosa. What we love the most about this store is that absolutely everything can be personalized… for FREE!
- 770 jewelry - @770jewelry – The perfect place to discover delicate and timeless jewelry. The best part? It’s EVERYDAY jewelry (that can be personalized and stacked)
- Trendilicious @trendiliciousbyclaudia_ - A perfectly curated selection of everyday clothing at amazing prices (yes, a cute romper starts at $40!)
- C.A.S.A @c.a.s.a.gifts – Our next door neighbors! This boutique always smells AMAZING (like Tom Dixon candles) and offers a modern, exciting twist on home decorating. Everything from fancy table settings, to a McDonalds happy meal sculpture!
- Kid Europeo @kid.europeo – The cutest kicks for toddlers! A local store that brings European style shoes at super affordable prices.
- Style by GG @stylebygg – Two connecting boutiques. One with fashion, everyday clothing and the other with fancy evening gowns. Best part? They get only 2 or 3 items of the same style!
- Coco Whip @cocowhipflorida – Soft serve, but without the calories. Desserts sooo good that you won’t believe they’re gluten, dairy, and sugar-free!
Any other local boutiques you love? Let us know by responding to the comments below!