Why drink matcha?
- You get the energy boost without the caffeine crash
- The combination of caffeine and l-theanine boost your brain production and focus
- It contains a special antioxidant that fortifies your immune system
- It burns calories (yup, EGCg and caffeine work together to naturally boost your metabolism)
- Matcha makes you calmer (and in today's world, that's something we all need)
- Honey/ sugar/sweetener
- Heat water.
- Combine milk and honey.
- Froth sweetened milk.
- Sift matcha into a bowl. Add hot water and whisk.
Pour frothed milk into a cup and then add whisked matcha.
2. Iced Matcha Rose Latte
- Rose hibiscus concentrate
- Edible rose petals
- Ice cubes (large and small)
- Cocktail shaker or Wide mouth water bottle
- In a cocktail shaker or wide mouth water bottle with a tight lid, pour in the milk.
- Add rose hibiscus concentrate
3. Matcha Lemonade:
- Sugar and lemon
- Cocktail shaker or hydro flask
- Citrus juicer
- Measuring cup
- Electric kettle
- A must for tea drinkers
- Ice cubes
- Make a really simple simple syrup. Simple syrup is just 1 part sugar and 1 part water.
- Instead of boiling the sugar and water on a stovetop, use electric kettle to boil water then dissolve the sugar in the boiling water in a separate container.
4. Matcha Frappuccino:
- Milk (any kind)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Heavy cream
- Whip heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk using a handheld milk frother until it doubles in volume and medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Blend ice, milk, matcha, vanilla extract, salt, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Pour frozen drink into two cup
5. Matcha Hot Chocolate
- 3/4 White chocolate bar.
- Milk and honey
- Pink marshmallows
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Take off heat and whisk or stir in chopped white chocolate.
- Sift in matcha, honey, and salt until well combined.
- Pour matcha hot chocolate into two mugs and if you would like, top with toasted pink marshmallows.
So, what's your verdict on matcha? We want to hear your thoughts too!