Whether or not you use TikTok, you've probably already seen this feta cheese with cherry tomato pasta-I mean, it even came out in The Washington Post. Jenni Hayrinen was the creator of this pasta as well as Uunifetapasta Day. She originally cooked it for the first time in 2019 and launched National Uunifetapasta Day in Finland on February 4th, 2020, but it became globally viral this year on pasta day.
We tried it out and it was delicious!! Of course, who doesn't love a huge block of melted feta with softened cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and pasta?
We have a couple of tips to make this recipe even better:
- Don't cook the whole box of pasta, it's best if the feta and tomatoes are able to get to every single pasta bite.
- Use the whole half a cup of olive oil! Believe us, it does make a difference.
- Add dry oregano, just a pinch will be just fine to give it the perfect touch of flavor.
- For the basil, we recommend adding it at the end, over your block of Feta. It will add the cutest decoration, plus still be delicious.
- The first TikTok video we saw was from @cookingwithayeh and she uses orechiette-so we chose the same! Short pasta is the trick for this recipe, btw.
- Make sure to save some pasta water for when you add the pasta to the sauce since it will probably get a bit dry! This tip is a game changer!
So, now that you have our best tips to cook it, we will show you the recipe we got from @GrilledCheeseSocial.
The ingredients you'll need according to MacKenzie Smith:
- Pasta – any shape you’d like!
- Feta – use a block of feta for best results. Crumbled feta works too but doesn’t melt as beautifully.
- Cherry Tomatoes – these work best. And if they’re a little wilted and old, even better! They make the dish sweeter.
- Garlic – I highly recommend fresh garlic… not the processed chopped kind that you can buy at the grocery.
- Basil – fresh basil works best but you could also swap it for rosemary or thyme if needed.
- Salt – kosher salt works best for my recipe but you could also use pink himalayan.
- Red Pepper Flakes – the original recipe uses chiles but i swapped it out for red pepper flakes because i always have it on hand.
- Olive Oil
Watch the step-to-step recipe below:
Share your pictures with us if you try out any of our tips. Feel free to comment below some other tips or recs. you have to make this delicious recipe even better! Bon Appetit to all!
Leave a comment