In case you've been living under a rock during quarantine, you've probably heard of TikTok. And unless you have extreme willpower, you probably have one and are obsessed with the app (we don't know about you, but we definitely are!). Social media platforms have been so incredibly important for us since it's helped us connect with so many #CristalinaBabes around the world, especially through Instagram. So when we found out about TikTok, we had to hop on the train and start making some super fun, #BikiniHeaven style content for our fellow TikTok lovers!
We'll admit, it was kind of hard to figure out the app at first, and it takes a while to get the hang of navigating the app and figuring out how to make those iconic videos. So much work for only a few seconds! But the process is so fun, we've learned to love it. Whether you're just starting to figure out the app or a more experienced TikTok connoisseur (i.e. you spend three hours on the For You page and it only feels like minutes, we've been there), we rounded up five top Tik Tok tricks and tips to take your videos to the next level and use the app like a pro:
1. If you feel like you've only been using the app for a few minutes, check again: spoiler alert, you probably haven't. It's probably been 4 hours. We're not judging you, the app is designed to make it easier for you to stay on it. It's not your fault! Ever notice how you can't see the time/battery bar on the top of your iPhone screen while using TikTok? It hides it while you're watching a video so that you can't take track of the time you've been on the app until you exit it. Let's face it, that's easier said than done ("Just one more and then I'll exit..." is a phrase we've been repeating to ourselves as if we are toddlers!).
2. There's an easy way to check out the latest challenges: on the Discover page, you'll find plenty of trending challenges and trends that are constantly being updated to join in! Our favorite? The 'Flip The Switch Challenge' (the one where you change clothes with another person while dancing to a Drake song) for sure!--Check out our video featuring Alicia's mini-me + our favorite Retro One Piece Swimsuit here. We'll also admit to multiple attempts of trying to learn the dance to the Savage Challenge, and failing of course (it's really harder than it looks!). Take a look at this one we did for the "My Heart Went Oops!" Challenge too!
3. Wondering how people get so creative with the lip-syncing videos? You can too, and it's super easy! If you're scrolling down on your For You page and you hear the perfect sound or music that would be perfect for a video you want to try, all you have to do is click the rotating icon on the lower right corner of the TikTok you want to use and click "Use this sound" to record your own video!
4. You can share the TikTok magic whenever you want, to whoever you want! While older generations are more torn about the app, chances are some if not many of your friends and family are not on the app (a few of them might not even know what it is... Enlighten them!). But of course, while you're enjoying a TikTok video, you're dying to send it to that friend who's not on the app but is SO them. You can save TikTok videos to your camera roll, that way not only can you share them with the "We're too old for TikTok" crowd but you can also rewatch the videos offline. Simply click the "Share To" button, and you'll find "Save video" as the second choice. Voila! (Use this tip to send our videos showing off new activewear items like this one and new swimwear like this one to your non-TikTok Cristalina loving friend!)
5. If you thought saving TikToks to your camera roll was a cool trick... wait until you try turning them into GIFs! If you're obsessed with a certain video that would be perfect for sending as a reaction during texting, here's how: just like before, you click on the "Share To" button, scroll all the way to the right, and click "Share as GIF" to send it to a friend, share it on Twitter. You can also save it to your camera roll for future use!
And that's a wrap! We hope you found these tips and tricks useful and are ready to step up your TikTok game! Make sure to check out out TikTok profile, and if you do any videos featuring your favorite Cristalina Swimwear items, make sure to tag us so we can share! We'd love to see them!